LLTI Archives

January 2008, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:26:50 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Greg Russak <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:07:23 -0500
>From: Greg Russak <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: <ADV> Re: #8742 Creating interactive tutorials using Flash
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Greg Russak <[log in to unmask]>

<Advertisement>
OWL Testing Software makes the creation, administration, and rating of
language testing and interactive practice tutorials for any level and curriculum
and to any standards as easy as pointing and clicking.  With OWL, there's no
need to learn Flash in order to create and deliver lively, engaging, and
effective testing, including SOPI tests, to anyone with an Internet
connection.

Out of respect for everyone's time, I would simply invite anyone interested to
contact me directly at [log in to unmask], or by telephone at 1-412-436-
0559.  I would be happy to provide a demo link to anyone interested.

Thank you most kindly.

Sincerely,
Greg Russak, VP Sales
OWL Testing Software
1484 Washington Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15228
www.owlts.com

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:30:42 -0500, LLTI-Editor <LLTI-
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>--- Forwarded Message from "Tina Deveny Oestreich"
>
>>From: "Tina Deveny Oestreich" <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Creating interactive tutorials using Flash
>>Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:20:38 -0500
>
>Hello all,
>
>I have an instructor interested in creating interactive tutorials for
>Japanese. I have been learning Flash to assist her, but I have been unable
>to find any manuals that deal specifically with how to use the learning
>components that Flash provides for true/false and other types of assessment.
>

>Do any of you know of a good resource for learning Flash specifically for
>creating tutorials? (I am tired of reading about how to animate a ball to
>make it bounce while trying to get to something that is really useful to
>me...) I am using the new version of Flash - Flash CS3.
>
>Thank you,
>Tina
>

>Tina Deveny Oestreich
>Language Learning Manager
>The Freedman Center in Kelvin Smith Library
>Case Western Reserve University
>11055 Euclid Avenue
>Cleveland, OH 44106
>(216) 368-5283

> LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
>Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language
Teaching