LLTI Archives

January 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:30:20 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Lauersdorf, Mark R" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Lauersdorf, Mark R" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:17:44 -0500
>Subject: video conversion software VOB to wmv and mpg
>acceptlanguage: en-US

Hello all,

I have a colleague who is interested in acquiring software for converting ripped
DVD clips from .vob to .wmv or .mpg.  He has experimented with trial versions of
a few packages, but hasn't found exactly what he is looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions for tried-and-true video conversion software that
has caught your fancy?  He works on a Windows platform and has been doing the
ripping with DVD Shrink.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.

Mark

Dr. Mark Richard Lauersdorf
Assoc Prof of Languages and Linguistics
Director of Language Technology