LLTI Archives

January 2008, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:35:52 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Jeffrey Samuels" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 15:09:12 -0500
>From: "Jeffrey Samuels" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for SEALLT-MAALLT 2008 Conference

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the special early bird registration fee of
$85 for the joint SEALLT-MAALLT Conference at the Pine Crest School in
Ft. Lauderdale and Boca Raton, Florida, January 30 to February 3, 2008.
Payment may be submitted online via credit card and the registration
form may be submitted via email (if you have access to Adobe Acrobat
Professional).

You may begin the registration process at our Conference website:

-->  http://www.ftl.pinecrest.edu/seallt-maallt/  <--

For the bargain price of $85, you get two receptions, a banquet, three
breakfasts, three lunches, and all the content-rich workshops and
sessions that you can fit into your schedule!  You also get to meet Ewan
McIntosh, our distinguished keynote speaker, who will also be conducting
two hands-on workshops.  Register now before the workshops fill up!

Don't forget to go ahead and make your hotel registration as well at
the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek - special conference rate of $159 for
a fabulous suite and free transportation to and from the conference each
day!  Special rate expires January 9!!!!!

A few other things to keep in mind:

*  The two regional groups meet jointly on even numbered years, so the
number of presentations and opportunities for networking with colleagues
is maximized.
*  We are planning to have activities and transportation for families
and significant others, with a day of post-conference activities for all
on February 3.
*  Our hope is to attract some of your favorite and well-acquainted
exhibitors, as well as some new and different organizations and vendors.
Our goal is to integrate the exhibit hall and the exhibitors (all
kinds) quite a bit into the Conference.
*  There will be a large K-12 presence, as our host is Frank
Kruger-Robbins, IALLT's K-12 Coordinator.
*  There will of course be plenty of interest to higher ed as well.
*  Florida is really nice in late January to early February.
*  We have negotiated a special rate at a nearby hotel (Sheraton
Cypress Creek -- see the website) during high season.  Transportation
between the hotel and the campus is included.
*  Both half-day workshops and 45 minute presentations will be
scheduled, for 3 full days of the Conference.
*  Our Conference theme is purposefully broad, in order to attract a
wide variety of sessions and workshops related to language and
technology.

For more information, please contact either of the regional
presidents:

MAALLT -- Jeffrey Samuels ([log in to unmask])
SEALLT -- Stacey Powell ([log in to unmask])

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.