MACSCRPT Archives

January 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sven Radke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 00:18:21 +0100
On 01.01.2008, at 18:15, Bill Steele wrote:

>> tell app "finder" to get info for choose file
>>
>> don't give album and artist out of my mp3s.
>
> That's not info *about* the file; it's part of the contents,
> something called ID3 tags. Versiontracker lists several utilities
> for managing such things, including one that uses them to create
> filenames.
> --

Hi Bill, Hi folks

I want to script it for several reasons. I know the details about id3
tags and managed to decode them by a script. But my scripts have some
problems with embedded covers so I wanted to use what the Finder shows
in the get info dialog.

The Finder shows artist, year and album from mp3 files. So I hope
there's a way to "steal" this information...

cheers,
Sven