LLTI Archives

December 2007, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:17:13 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from MENI Frederic <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: MENI Frederic <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Office 2007 Files on Mac
>Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:39:48 -0500

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to share a link for those of you who use Microsoft Office 2004
and would like to open Office 2007 flies.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ab66b5bf-37c3-41bb-
945e-784782fc582c&DisplayLang=en

Microsoft Office Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 0.2.1 (Beta)

"Overview
This version of the converter extends the expiration date for this beta
release.

This version of the converter can convert the following Open XML file
formats:
$F0 Word Document (*.docx)
$F0 Word Macro-Enabled Document (*.docm)
$F0 PowerPoint Presentation (*.pptx)
$F0 PowerPoint Show (*.ppsx)
$F0 PowerPoint Template (*.potx)
The converter is a Beta release, and might be unable to convert all the data
in Open XML files. After you convert a file, you should review the file
carefully to make sure that it contains all of the information that you
expect. For a complete list of known issues, install and open the converter,
and then on the Help menu, click Office Converter Help.

This Beta release expires on December 31, 2008."

Sincerely,

_________________________

Frederic MENI

Teaching Assistant (French) | Department of Languages, Literatures &
Cultures
UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY
HU 289
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222

518-442-4237 (Office)
Office Hours: W 9:30 $F6 11:30 and by appointment

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.