LLTI Archives

December 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:28:03 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8717 Track names when burning CDs
>Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:21:08 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Apparently, to maintain track titles on a CD Audio burn, both your
burner and your software need to support "CD Text." This is different
from dynamic titling from the CDDB database.

For more information about this feature of the Audio CD format, go to
	http://web.ncf.ca/aa571/cdtext.htm

-John
John de Szendeffy
Director of Educational Technology
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
SED Lecturer
Boston University
890 Commonwealth Ave., 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02215  USA
ph   617.353.7957
http://www.bu.edu/celop
http://people.bu.edu/johndesz

"A Practical Guide to Using Computers in Language Teaching"
http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailDesc.do?id=97662

"For Here or to Go: An ESL Reader" http://www.press.umich.edu:80/
titleDetailDesc.do?id=8629

CELOP is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program
Accreditation.  Accreditation by CEA signifies that an English
language program or institution has met nationally accepted standards
of excellence and assures students and their sponsors that the
English language instruction and related services will be of the
highest quality.

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.