LLTI Archives

December 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:13:27 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Shannon Johnston" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8711.2 (!) "shell" for reading text: GALT
>Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:37:19 +1000
>From: "Shannon Johnston" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Dear Nina and the rest of LLTI-ers

I've just been in contact with Dr Lyman-Hager (thanks to the information
Nina provided below), and now have an update on the status of GALT. It's
not dead yet!

She says: "the old version of the software is still available and
downloadable free of charge from LARC's website.  It will allow you as
the author to do all that you describe. We are in the process of working
on a brand new version, but the old one is still working. The link is
http://larcnet.sdsu.edu/teacher.php?page=downloads. Download the manual
and read this first."

She also says: "We are making the newest version compatible with the
e-books concept, internet based, so that people can download to their
PDAs or phones."

:) Regards,

Shannon

Shannon Johnston
* Instructional Designer
Teaching and Educational Development Institute
* Indonesian Instructor (beginner & advanced IFL)
School of Languages and Comparative Cultural Studies
University of Queensland, QUEENSLAND Australia 4106
T: +61 7 336 51550
E: [log in to unmask]
E: [log in to unmask]