LLTI Archives

December 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:59:09 -0500
Volunteers needed. Please contact Prof. Allen directly.

From: "John Robin ALLEN" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: December 4, 2007 6:08:25 PM EST

I have just written a computer program that analyzes literary and
linguistic texts in any western European language. The interface
language of the program is French, but the program is so easy to use
one does not need to know French to run the program.

Before I put the program into the public domain, I would like to find
three or four persons from the L.L.T.I. list who would be willing to
test it and let me know (a) where the program gives problems and (b)
where I should add some feature others might like to see in the program.

If you might be interested in having a preview of this program, I
will be happy to send further details about it. You can then decide
for yourself whether or not you would like me to send you a "beta"
copy of the software. If I send you a beta copy of the program, my
only request is that you send me any comments you have about the
program, such that I can correct errors or add features before.

The program works in the Windows environment, but it also needs the
"dot Net" platform found on most PC computers. If your computer does
not have that (free) upgrade to XP (it comes with Vista
automatically), the program will automatically ask permission to
download it and install it. If your connection to the Internet is not
a high-speed connection, that enhancement to your operating system
may take a bit of time to download.

Prof. John Robin Allen

French, Spanish, and Italian

University of Manitoba