MACSCRPT Archives

December 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Walter Ian Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 11:32:06 -0800
At 12:24 p -0600 12/26/2007, Levon Spradlin didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:

>I have a large collection of scripts that I inherited in my position, and
>need to organize them a bit better. I would like to catalog them in a way
>that would be easier to search and maybe cross-reference as well. Does
>anyone have any input on this one?

If you had Script Debugger you could use its facilities. :-)

Back in the old days there was ScriptBase, but that only had a
hundred drawers (or something like that). I once started writing
something in FaceSpan, but stopped for some reason I don't remember
(maybe I started learning Perl or something webish like that).
Perhaps I'll start again when FaceSpan 5 comes out.

Do you want to store them compiled, or is text format ok? In which
case you could youse -- oops, use (I'm from the East coast!) -- one
of a zillion text organizers (iNotepad, Yojimbo, ScrapIt Pro, et al).

-boo