MACSCRPT Archives

December 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:42:23 -0500
On Dec 27, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Stockly, Ed wrote:

> I'm not sure if there is a good, well thought way to organize and
> store
> AppleScripts.
> (I just use the finder and dump mine in huge folders).

Me too.  :)

Too often I also rely on memory of what scripts do what and just copy
and paste.

Larger ones I have a standard library of routines that I use which I
link in.

Property Util: load script alias "Macintosh
HD:mark:documents:scripts:Utils.scpt"
Property ScriptName: "DemoScript"  --read by Util in init routine.

tell Util to init (me) --set up
Set aline to "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"
set aline to util's tidreplace (aline,"M","T")
util's writeToLog (aline)
set aname to nameFromAlias(choose file)

I know it wastes space in scripts by carrying around routines I don't
use but it allows me to update in one place.

-Mark
Who contemplated making an app to store routines but never got around
to it.