LLTI Archives

November 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 22:15:23 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Detiveaux, Georges J"

>Subject: 4 things about IALLT @ ACFTL in San Antonio!
>Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:05:50 -0600
>From: "Detiveaux, Georges J" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings!

Stacey Powell and I, your IALLT reps to ACTFL, will be in attendance at the
ACTFL conference in San Antonio, Texas November 16 through 18. We hope you will
be there, too (more info @ www.actfl.org). We'd like to take this opportunity to
invite you to:

1. The IALLT-sponsored sessions! This year, we're looking forward to three
wonderful sessions by IALLT members. Please attend their sessions and show your
IALLT support! They are:
a. Carl Blyth, Eric Eubank, Orlando Kelm, & Karen Kelton (University of Texas at
Austin) present "The Texas Language Technology Center: Emerging Technologies in
Foreign Language Instruction" from 4:45 to 6pm in Convention Center 204B on
Friday, November 16,
b. Patricia Early (Georgia State University) presents "Using Oral Recordings to
Promote Focused Speaking and Reflective Listening" from 1:15 to 2:30pm in
Convention Center 006D on Saturday the 17th, and,
c. Lana Rings (University of Texas at Arlington) presents "Blogging in the Third
Year Foreign Language Classroom" from 3:15 to 4:30pm in Convention Center 006D,
also on Saturday.

2. The IALLT Business Meeting & Information Session! Georges Detiveaux (Cy-Fair
College) & Stacey Powell (Auburn University), IALLT's Affiliate Representatives
to ACTFL, welcome all interested ACTFL attendees to the "IALLT Business Meeting
and Interest Session" from 6:15 to 7:30pm in Convention Center 202B on Friday
the 16th. All IALLTers are asked to attend and encourage potential new members
to come.

3. Help man the IALLT booth! This year, we're in BOOTH 881 in the Exhibition
Hall. If you're at the conference, please consider signing up for times to help
out at the table. Your knowledge and expertise are invaluable to
potential-member-passers-by! Come and share with them (and help us out)! A
sign-up sheet will be present at the table. Times are available Friday (10a-5p),
Saturday (8a-5p), and Sunday (8a-12p).

4. Saturday night dinner! Plans are in the works for IALLTers & friends to have
dinner together on Saturday the 17th. More as this meal develops... ; )

georges detiveaux
language labs, http://www.cy-faircollege.com/languagelabs
french, http://faculty.nhmccd.edu/gdetiveaux
cy-fair college, 9191 barker cypress road, lrnc-212a, cypress, tx 77433
ph 281.290.5975 fx 281.290.5282

affiliate rep to actfl, iallt, iallt.org
secretary, socallt, socallt.org
vice president, aatf-houston, aatfhouston.com

<< Mult ad apris ki bien conuist ahan. >> la Chanson de Roland, vers 2524.

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.