LLTI Archives

November 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2007 02:46:59 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Jeffrey Samuels" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:51:09 -0400
>From: "Jeffrey Samuels" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Call for Proposals Extended: SEALLT-MAALLT

Please note that the Proposal Submission Deadline for the
SEALLT-MAALLT Conference is now November 30.  Please forward liberally
to colleagues!

You can download the form at http://ftl.pinecrest.edu/seallt-maallt

Here is the (revised) text of our Call:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SEALLT-MAALLT Joint Conference 2008
"Constructing Community with Language and Technology"

Call for Proposals

The Southeast Association for Language Learning Technology and the
Mid-Atlantic Association for Language Learning Technology invite
proposals for our joint Conference.  The Conference will take place at
the Pine Crest School in Ft. Lauderdale and Boca Raton, Florida, on
Wednesday, January 30 to Sunday, February 3, 2008.

Our conference theme is "Constructing Community with Language and
Technology."  We will entertain proposals of any nature related to
language learning (foreign language or English as a foreign language)
and technology.  We are, however, particularly interested in proposals
that focus on one or more aspects of the concept of "community" and
how to construct, maintain, enhance, facilitate, assess, and promote
community in the language learning and technology professions.

Half-day workshops or 45 minute presentations or panels might address
some of the following aspects of community:

*       Creating community between K-12 and higher education language
professionals and learners
*       Constructing community via constructivist or other pedagogies
*       Using technology to enhance student-centered or
community-centered pedagogies
*       Expanding the language learning community beyond the walls of
the classroom
*       Who's who in the community?  Peers, parents, and partners in education
*       ACTFL's 5 "Cs:"  Community in context

Proposals should be submitted by editing and emailing the attached
proposal submission form on or before November 15, 2007.  Please
follow the instructions on the proposal form.  We encourage you to
circulate this Call for Proposals widely.

Cordially,

Stacey Powell, President, SEALLT
Jeffrey Samuels, President, MAALLT
Teaching