LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:40:48 -0400
From: "SANAKO Corporation" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: October 25, 2007 8:45:10 AM EDT
To: "Otmar Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SANAKO Partners Microsoft School of the Future Summit

PRESS RELEASE TURKU, FINLAND
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 25, 2007

SANAKO Partners Microsoft School of the Future Summit

SANAKO is pleased to be among education leaders at the third annual
Microsoft School of the Future Summit to take place in Helsinki,
Finland. Sanako joins two other reputable companies, Houghton Mifflin
Learning Technology and the Henry Ford Learning Institute, in
sponsoring the event.

 From 30 October until 1 November thought leaders from around the
world will gather to challenge, debate, discuss and discover issues
of education. This year's theme is "Innovation in the Age of
Accountability", and the benchmark event has attracted over 300
attendees from nearly 50 countries.

Participants will have the opportunity to discuss future solutions
and help shape the future of education for the 21st Century.

The objective of the School of the Future World Summit is to bring
together policy makers from around the world to share best practices
and talk about the role that ICT can play in education. The event
showcases new methods and ideas in education and the role technology
plays in making education a positive force for future economies.

SANAKO Sales Director Juha Merinen said, "Sponsorship of this
landmark education event represents our ongoing commitment to
developing progressive technologies that support sustainable
education programs worldwide."

Finland's Minister of Education and Science, Sari Sarkomaa will
deliver an address while distinguished presenters from over 15
countries will also address participants. This year, speakers will
come from Brazil, France, USA, Japan, UK, Germany, Australia,
Colombia, and Guatemala.

More information about Microsoft School of the Future Summit: http://
sofsummit.com/default.aspx

Editorial contacts
Juha Merinen, Sales Director, puh: +358 (0)40 740 2231 sahkoposti:

Kimmo Karpijoki, Senior Manager Global Partnerships, +358 (0)40 576 5801
sahkoposti: [log in to unmask]

SANAKO Corporation
SANAKO, formerly Tandberg Educational, is a learning technology
company developing language teaching solutions, teaching and
classroom management software, virtual learning and professional
development solutions, as well as supplying customer services. We are
the world leader in live language learning technology.

Today's solutions include modern software, wireless and mobile
systems that act as a catalyst for improving teaching outcomes by
motivating learning.

Our sales network reaches customers all over the world and we've
provided Tandberg Educational Quality to satisfied users in over 100
countries. We serve our customers through a network of resellers in
70 countries. Based in Finland, the company has sales offices in
China, France, UAE, UK and US. SANAKO is a Microsoft(R) Certified
Partner and Blackboard Building Blocks community member.

Blackboard, the Bb logo, Building Blocks, the Building Blocks logo,
Blackboard Developers Network, and the Blackboard Learning System are
trademarks/registered trademarks of Blackboard Inc. in the United
States and/or other countries. Usage by permission.
Microsoft is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft
Corporation in the United States and/or other countries

This information was brought to you by Cision http://newsroom.cision.com

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.