LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:31:47 -0400
Hi everyone,

We are in the middle of a new strategic plan and I've just learned of a
new master plan. In short, I have a couple of days to put together a
proposal for a new language center (Union is a small liberal arts
college). At this point, it does not have to be detailed. The question
is money, precisely how much to ask for. I'm hoping that humanities and
social sciences obtain the creation of a new building and that they
would consider putting the language center in there.  I need suggestions
for an equipment and furniture budget for a teaching lab, sound
recording station, lounge etc. Being so short on time, I would greatly
appreciate anything you can send me.

I've already looked at some of the answers that were sent to Sharon
regarding space design but that two steps ahead of where I am at,
although it does give me an idea for what's needed.

The other thing is that I have to include the reasoning behind the need
for a new language center (the importance of CALL...) so if you have
something to send me there too, it would be great. I'm currently taking
a look at the Learning Space book.

Thanks in advance,

Audrey

Audrey Sartiaux, Ph.D.