LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:18:17 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Jeffrey Samuels" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:15:21 -0400
>From: "Jeffrey Samuels" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Call For Proposals - Joint SEALLT-MAALLT Conference

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the CALL FOR PROPOSALS for the joint
SEALLT-MAALLT Conference at the Pine Crest School in Ft. Lauderdale
and Boca Raton, Florida, on January 30 to February 3.

You may access the form at our Conference site at:

-->  http://ftl.pinecrest.edu/seallt-maallt/  <--

Registration will open shortly.  In the meantime, a few things to keep in mind:

*  The two regional groups meet jointly on even numbered years, so the
number of presentations and opportunities for networking with
colleagues is maximized.
*  We are planning to have activities and transportation for families
and significant others, with a day of post-conference activities for
all on February 3.
*  Our hope is to attract some of your favorite and well-acquainted
exhibitors, as well as some new and different organizations and
vendors.  Our goal is to integrate the exhibit hall and the exhibitors
(all kinds) quite a bit into the Conference.
*  There will be a large K-12 presence, as our host is Frank
Kruger-Robbins, IALLT's K-12 Coordinator.
*  There will of course be plenty of interest to higher ed as well.
*  Florida is really nice in late January to early February.
*  Due to Pine Crest's generosity and that of our exhibitors, we plan
to offer an inexpensive registration that includes receptions, most
meals, and a banquet.
*  We have negotiated a special rate at a nearby hotel (Sheraton
Cypress Creek -- see the website) during high season.  Transportation
between the hotel and the campus is included.
*  Both half-day workshops and 45 minute presentations will be
scheduled, for 3 full days of the Conference.
*  Our Conference theme is purposefully broad, in order to attract a
wide variety of sessions and workshops related to language and
technology.

For more information, please contact either of the regional presidents:

MAALLT -- Jeffrey Samuels ([log in to unmask])
SEALLT -- Stacey Powell ([log in to unmask])

"What's the weather like in January where you live?  Come take a
language and technology vacation with SEALLT and MAALLT!"