LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:24:38 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:43:01 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: Re: #8671.1 (!)  QT plugin issue in Firefox

And if it's a PC, you might try installing the IETab plugin in Firefox,
which oftentimes fixes things that work in Internet Exploder but not in
Firefox.

>>> LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]> 10/17/2007 11:31 AM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Ellen Anderson <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:37:41 -0400
>From: Ellen Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
>To:  Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

<[log in to unmask]>,        [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: #8671 QT plugin issue in Firefox

hi Joseph,

One quick fix to try for MAC (I'm assuming Mac?) is to open Garage
Band,
fiddle randomly in a test file, then close Garage Band again. This will

reset the system audio and often fixes that buggy QT audio problem.

cheers,
Ellen

Language Resource Center
Bates College
e: [log in to unmask]
t.: 207.753.6912

LLTI-Editor wrote:
> --- Forwarded Message from Joseph Ollie Kautz <[log in to unmask]>
---

>> Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:07:53 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: Joseph Ollie Kautz <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: LLTI-List <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: QT plugin issue in Firefox
>>

> We are having issues playing QT files in Firefox.  The audio gets
chopped
> off.  We thought it was a problem with our java recording applet not
> working but it turned out to be a QT plugin problem in FireFox.  Has
> anyone else seen (heard) this problem and do you have a fix?  Joseph

> Joseph Kautz
> Stanford Digital Language Lab
> To have another language is to possess a second soul. - Charlemagne

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for
Language
Teaching