LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:23:49 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Bruno Browning <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:16:24 -0500
>From: Bruno Browning <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Position Vacancy: Associate Director, LSS, UW-Madison

POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

The University of Wisconsin, Madison, has begun the search for a new
Associate Director of  L&S Learning Support Services. The official
position vacancy listing can be found at
http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/pvl/pv_057356.html
including contact and other information.

Learning Support Services is a service department in the College of
Letters and Science that provides instructional technology facilities,
services, and consultation for L&S faculty and instructors.  Facilities
and services include: three computer-based language/learning labs and
one open-hours computing lab; specially mediated classrooms for
presentations/viewing; an audio-visual equipment pool providing
equipment to more than 60 classrooms and to all L&S faculty and
instructional staff; a distance learning/video conferencing facility;
video and audio production studios; online and distant learning
services; instructional technology consultation including assistance
with instructional design, course development, and content delivery.

The Associate Director of L&S Learning Support Services is responsible
for day-to-day operational management and coordination of LSS
activities. This includes both facilities (labs, classrooms, equipment
pool) and instructional technology (consulting, training, design) and
the related staff.

The Associate Director also actively engages in our instructional
technology efforts, assisting faculty and instructional staff in their
use and development of technological solutions to their pedagogical
needs, and works closely with the Director in the areas of budgeting,
department direction, and policy formation. Active involvement in
department and campus technology committees, and in professional
organizations, is also part of this position.

Deadline to assure consideration is November 15, 2007.  In addition to
the official announcement, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may
have.

--
Bruno Browning, Director, L&S Learning Support Services
1220 Linden Drive, Madison WI 53706