LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:24:00 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Frederique Chevillot <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 19:16:59 -0600
>From: Frederique Chevillot <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Here is the text of the job posting...
>To: [log in to unmask], Frederique Chevillot <[log in to unmask]>

Dear LLTI-Editor,

Following the message I sent earlier today, please find below the text
of the job announcement I would like to post on your listerv.
Thank you for your kind attention.

Best,
Frederique Chevillot
University of Denver

-------------------------

The University of Denver seeks applications for a Director to establish
and coordinate the new university-wide Language Center. The successful
faculty candidate will be hired as a tenure-track or tenured Associate
or Full Professor in the Department of Languages and Literatures, or
other appropriate academic unit, and will report to the Office of the
Provost. Experienced applicants with appropriate credentials will be
considered for an untenured Director position.

The Director, in collaboration with a faculty governance committee, will
be responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive program of
language across the curriculum and related endeavors, including add-on
language courses, individual study programs, and a summer intensive
language institute. The Director will also set up and administer a new
language laboratory that will help support the University's new language
initiatives, and will be responsible for maintaining open dialogues with
various units on campus that are interested in language teaching and
learning, including the Department of Languages and Literatures,
University College (Continuing Education and Professional Studies), the
Women's College, the Graduate School of International Studies, the
Graduate School of Social Work, the College of Law, the Center for
Multicultural Excellence, and the English Language Center.

The successful candidate will have pertinent administrative experience
directing a language program, center, or institute, knowledge of
instructional technology, and evidence of excellent teaching. Ph.D.
required, in Applied Linguistics/Second Language Acquisition or in a
related field.

Please apply online at http://www.dujobs.org <http://www.dujobs.org/>
and send dossier with detailed letter of application, CV, statement of
teaching philosophy, publications as appropriate, and names of three
references with contact information to: Dr. Frederique Chevillot, Chair,
Language Center Search Committee, Department of Languages and
Literatures, University of Denver, Denver, CO 80208; email
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Nominations are also welcome.
Review of applications begins on November 1^st and continues until the
position is filled; we will interview at the 2007 MLA convention in
Chicago. Position to begin July 1^st , 2008.

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.