LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:51:10 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition?
>Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:12:51 -0500

Is anyone doing any work with text-to-speech or voice recognition in
the languages they teach?  More as an accessibility feature, for
students who have little to no vision or who have physical
disabilities that make typing or writing difficult.  What software do
you use?  What languages are supported?

I know that Dragon Naturally Speaking has language partners for some
languages, but these seem to be full localizations and not multi-
lingual versions.  There also seems to be some promising software
from www.assistiveware.com for the Mac platform.  Are there any other
suggestions?

Please feel free to send to me and I will post a summary to the list.

Foreign Language Technology
http://go.carleton.edu/f

Carly J. Born
Academic Technologies, Team Lead
Carleton College | 507-646-7010 | [log in to unmask]

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.