LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:41:58 -0400
Here's the mission statement from CLA Language Center of University
of Minnesota.  It's been a long time since we first adopted it and we
are thinking of revising it, too.  It's good to see what other people
have.

The Language Center's goal is to enhance second language instruction
at the University of Minnesota. In keeping with this overall goal,
the Center provides audio, video and computer facilities and
equipment, assists in the preparation of instructional material for
audio, video and computer language use, and offers training and
consultation to instructors concerning the application of new
instructional technologies.

Although secondary to instructional support, faculty and students
from several departments use the Language Center facilities for
research purposes. Also, the Center houses the College of Liberal
Arts Testing Program. The program coordinates registration,
administration, and data management services for language testing in
the college.

*****
Jian Wu, Ph.D.
Associate Director