LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:27:00 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Bryant, Todd" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: French language computer games
>Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:41:37 -0400
>From: "Bryant, Todd" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

I would recommend using an online game.  With MMOGs, students are all in the
same environment and collaboration and communication is already built into the
game.

I used the German version of World of Warcraft for an introductory class last
year, and I thought it went pretty well.  There is a French version as well.
You can learn from my mistakes and get the technical information here:

www.nitle.org/index.php/nitle/transformations/2007_4_13

Feel free to contact me off list if you're interested.

Todd

Todd Bryant
Academic Technology
Foreign Languages