LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 08:13:29 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (15.0)"

>Date:         Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:18:06 -0400
>From: "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (15.0)"
>Subject: LLTI: approval required (6C130AC6)
>To: [log in to unmask]

This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the LLTI list at
LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. You can approve it  using the "OK" mechanism (click on
the link below), ignore it, or repost  an edited copy. The message will expire
automatically; you do not need to do  anything if you just want to discard it.
Please refer to the  list owner's guide if you are not  familiar with the "OK"
mechanism;  these instructions  are  being kept  purposefully  short for  your
convenience in processing large numbers of messages.

To APPROVE the message:
http://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?OK=6C130AC6&L=LLTI
Position: Director of Language Learning Technologies and Tenure Track in
Foreign Languages

Institution: Elon University

Location: North Carolina

Open Language: Elon University, Department of Foreign Languages, seeks
applicants for a full-time continuing position, tenure track, beginning
in June 2008. Minimum requirements:

- Ph.D. and native or near-native fluency in one of the following:
Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, or Spanish. Candidates with
degrees in related disciplines (e.g. Comparative Literature) are also
eligible to apply.

- Significant related work experience or master's degree in
instructional design, foreign language technology, e-learning, CALL, or
related degree.

- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level,
involving innovative uses of computer technology. Elon is an
undergraduate teaching institution, and serious commitment to quality
teaching is essential.

Responsibilities include:

- Teach language, composition, and conversation courses, as well as
occasional courses (in English) in the interdisciplinary general studies
program. The DLLT will teach four courses per year, typically two in the
fall and two in the spring.

- Implement the department's technology plan, which also includes
working with departmental faculty on innovative uses of technology
teaching foreign languages.

- Oversee the language media center and its student staff.

Elon is a dynamic private co-educational, comprehensive institution that
is a national model for actively engaging faculty and students in
teaching and learning. To learn more about Elon, please visit our Web
site at www.elon.edu. Immediate email inquiries are welcome at
[log in to unmask] Review will begin immediately; complete applications
must be received by December 1 to be assured of consideration. Send
letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching
philosophy, graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and three letters of
support to: DLLT Search Committee, Department of Foreign Languages, 2125
Campus Box, Elon University, Elon, North Carolina 27244. Elon University
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff,
and student body. Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged
to apply.

Scott Windham, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of German

Director of Language Learning Technologies

Elon University

336.278.5841

http://facstaff.elon.edu/swindham <http://facstaff.elon.edu/swindham>

Position: Director of Language Learning Technologies and Tenure Track in
Foreign Languages

Institution: Elon University=20

Location: North Carolina=20

=20

Open Language: Elon University, Department of Foreign Languages, seeks
applicants for a full-time continuing position, tenure track, beginning
in June 2008. Minimum requirements:

=20

- Ph.D. and native or near-native fluency in one of the following:
Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, or Spanish. Candidates with
degrees in related disciplines (e.g. Comparative Literature) are also
eligible to apply.=20

[...]

http://facstaff.elon.edu/swindham <http://facstaff.elon.edu/swindham>=20

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C80690.EE3450FE

xmlns:x=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" =
xmlns:p=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:powerpoint" =
xmlns:a=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:access" =
xmlns:dt=3D"uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" =
xmlns:s=3D"uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882" =
xmlns:rs=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset" xmlns:z=3D"#RowsetSchema" =
xmlns:b=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:publisher" =
xmlns:ss=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" =
xmlns:c=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:component:spreadsheet" =
xmlns:oa=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:activation" =
xmlns:html=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" =
xmlns:q=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:D=3D"DAV:" =
xmlns:x2=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/excel/2003/xml" =
xmlns:ois=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/ois/" =
xmlns:dir=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/directory/" =
xmlns:ds=3D"http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" =
xmlns:dsp=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/dsp" =
xmlns:udc=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc" =
xmlns:xsd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" =
xmlns:sps=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/" =
xmlns:xsi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" =
xmlns:udcxf=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc/xmlfile" =
xmlns:wf=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/workflow/" =
xmlns:mver=3D"http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006=
" xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns:mrels=3D"http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/package/2006/relationshi=
ps" =
xmlns:ex12t=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types"=
 =
xmlns:ex12m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messag=
es" xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

Technologies and
Tenure Track in Foreign Languages<o:p></o:p></p>

Foreign
Languages, seeks applicants for a full-time continuing position, tenure =
track,
beginning in June 2008. Minimum requirements:<o:p></o:p></p>

the
following: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, or Spanish. =
Candidates
with degrees in related disciplines (e.g. Comparative Literature) are =
also
eligible to apply. <o:p></o:p></p>

master&#8217;s
degree in instructional design, foreign language technology, e-learning, =
CALL,
or related degree.<o:p></o:p></p>

undergraduate
level, involving innovative uses of computer technology. Elon is an
undergraduate teaching institution, and serious commitment to quality =
teaching
is essential.<o:p></o:p></p>

courses, as
well as occasional courses (in English) in the interdisciplinary general
studies program. The DLLT will teach four courses per year, typically =
two in
the fall and two in the spring.<o:p></o:p></p>

which
also includes working with departmental faculty on innovative uses of
technology teaching foreign languages.<o:p></o:p></p>

staff.<o:p></o:p></p>

[...]
to apply.<o:p></o:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:8.0pt'>..............................<o:p></o:p></span=

Ph.D.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

of German<o:p></o:p></span></p>

of&nbsp;Language
Learning Technologies<o:p></o:p></span></p>

University<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style=3D'font-size:8.0pt'>336.278.5841<o:p></o:p></span></p>

href=3D"http://facstaff.elon.edu/swindham"><span =
span