LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 08:13:28 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:20:44 -0500
>From: "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: Re: #8644.8 (!) Mission Statement

Dear LLTIers,
I just wanted to say thank you to everybody who shared their mission statements.
I inadvertently sent a Thank You to one person via LLTI, but in fact I
appreciate all responses.

I think that developing a mission statement will help us as we renovate our lab,
and I will post it here once it's done. One thing I've learned is that there are
as many variations in mission statements as there are in our language centers,
which is probably a good thing. We all have a rich pool of potential resources
and services to draw from as we integrate technology into the learning and
teaching of foreign languages.

David Pankratz
Loyola University Chicago

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching