LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 08:13:24 -0400
I'm doing a search for OCR software that handles Arabic and Farsi
(Persian) and supports Unicode.  Windows and/or OS X.  So far I've
come up with:

Verus
http://aramedia.com/ndverus.htm

Arabic, Farsi/Persian, Dari, Pashto with supported for embedded
English and French. With   TIF, PDF, PNG, JPEG.   Output: Text, RTF
and PDF with Hidden Text  formats. Unicode output.

Standard: $1,295.95

--

Don't have the name yet, will be up on http://www.worldlanguage.com/
tomorrow, ID: 110084

Arabic, Persian-Farsi, Pashto, English, French, Dari. Afghanistan.

$2,499.95.

--

http://www.101language.com/

Awaiting email response if they carry such software.

Readiris Pro 11 Middle-East.

$499.00

http://www.irislink.com/c2-561/Readiris-Pro-11-Middle-East-Edition-
OCR-Software.aspx

--

Any experience with Arabic and Persian OCR?  Thanks.

Bob Majors
Language Learning Center
University of Washington
SEATTLE WA