LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:51:24 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Liu, Ted (FLITC)" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8643 Hebrew OCR
>Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:56:55 -0700
>From: "Liu, Ted (FLITC)" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Dear Ben,

We've used Dagesh Pro OCR - specifically to digitize a workbook that
students have used.  The scanning results were decent - though, it still
did require some cleaning up.  I don't believe the amount of manual
clean-up was extraordinary considering the degree of print clarity (not
the clearest) and the complexity of the original copy (there were some
tables, charts, and figures).  Also, we came to use Dagesh Pro because
of its handling of Nikud.  Overall, we're satisfied.

Best,
Ted Liu
Foreign Language IT Coordinator
UCLA