MACSCRPT Archives

October 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:52:38 -0400
On Oct 4, 2007, at 1:33 PM, Stockly, Ed wrote:

> Thanks Mark,
>
> That helps.
>> with timeout of 15* seconds
>> get application "Safari"
>> on error
>> KillSafari()
>> end
>
> I tried this on several web pages that trigger crashes and it worked
> on
> some, but on others, it didn't work. Even though the dock indicated
> the
> application was not responding and it's name was in red in the Force
> Quit
> window, it still returned a value on the get application command.

It could be a function of what level is wedged?  Perhaps its stuck in
rendering is halted.

Exists window 1

might be a good choice, or if that is a sometimes thing you could see
if window 1 exists then try getting its zoomed.

-Mark
I should be allowed to shoot my mouth off.
I should have a call in show.