MACSCRPT Archives

October 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:26:40 +0100
At 13:17 -0600 3/10/07, Chuck Pelto wrote:

>How about the verbiage for getting the home e-mail?

Do you mean

value of first email of person "xxx" whose label is "home"

?

I don't find that too horrendous given the fact that a person's email
1 might be work or home or other.

>For instance....
>
>tell application "Address Book"
>
>	get name of people whose property street contains "Greenwood"
>
>end tell
>
>Doesn't work.

Why should it?  It's not AppleScript and street is not a property of
people anyway.

	get people whose address 1's street contains "m"

or

get the nickname of every person where the street in its address 1
contains "St." and address 1's label is "home"

>My problem is that whatever variation on verbiage I write to find or
>replace data doesn't work.
>
>I need examples of what DOES work.

Well now you have three examples.  If you think they're verbiage then
it's AppleScript verbiage and not Address Book opacity.

JD