LLTI Archives

September 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:34:13 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Verbick, John D." <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Verbick, John D." <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum
>Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:32:10 -0500
>Subject: RE: #8641.1 (!) Tell Me More Experiences
>acceptlanguage: en-US

Dear fellow LLTIers,

We have also looked into purchasing Tell Me More for Arabic and Spanish, with
the intention of ultimately moving forward on support for more languages.

Several of the faculty here have also requested that we look into purchasing
licenses for Rosetta Stone.

Any thoughts on which software is superior between Auralog's Tell Me More and
Rosetta Stone?  Specifically regarding intelligent speech recognition?

Thanks!

John

John Verbick
Director, Modern Languages Learning Center
Instructor, Spanish
Department of Modern Languages,
      Literatures, and Linguistics
University of Oklahoma