LLTI Archives

September 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:33:49 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Janet Starmer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:04:17 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Janet Starmer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8641 Tell Me More Experiences
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

We are currently using the LAN version of Tell Me More
for French and Spanish (mainly lower levels) and the
online version for German and Spanish elementary
levels.

I really like the program even though from time to
time some of the sentences seem a bit odd.  The
variety of activities, the ability the instructor has
to customize the "learning paths" (groups of
activities) the students complete, and simply the
speaking practice are all great components of this
program.

If you have other questions about how we'eve used it,
please don't hesitate to contact me off-list.

Best,

Janet Starmer
Guilford College
--- LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> We, at the University of Miami, are thinking about
> possibly purchasing
> some of the language programs offered by Tell Me
> More.  We are now
> trying to learn about the experiences that other
> schools might have had
> with their programs.
>

> Please let me know if you are using it or have used
> it and your
> assessment of the program? Please mention which
> languages you have used
> it in.
>

> Thank you very much.
>

> Rachida
>

> Rachida Salama Primov
>
> Senior Lecturer in French
>
> The Eleonore Graves Tripp Modern Languages
> Laboratory and Tutorial
> Writing Center, Director
>
> Outreach Program Coordinator
>
> University of Miami
>
> Phone: 305-284-8592
>
> Fax: 305-284-2225
>
> Email : [log in to unmask]
>
> http://www.mll.miami.edu <http://www.mll.miami.edu>
>

> "The very thing that frightens us today, the change
> curve, the
> phenomenal rate of change, is an ally"
>
> Celebrate What's Right with the World
>
> --DeWitt Jones

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International
> Association for
> Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The
> Consortium for Language Teaching
> and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
> Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

____
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.