LLTI Archives

September 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:33:48 -0400
Plese respond directly to the originator of the message ([log in to unmask])
and not to the list. A lot of this data and other relevant data can be found in
the IALLT Journal in the most recent survey of the profession - Otmar

Dear Colleagues,
I know that funding is always a delicate subject, but here I go anyway.

I am meeting with my deans soon and am going to propose a budget for
a newly developed language center here at SUNY Albany.  The
administration seems to like numbers and I would like to provide them
with some.  You can help me in my data collection by providing me
with 3 things.

1.  the amount of money a year that you have to spend on items other
than staff and computers
2.  the number of staff that you employ and the number of hours they
work a week
3.  the number of students that take languages at your institution a
year

I appreciate your assistance in maximizing the funding that I am
awarded.  Be assured that I will keep your responses confidential and
please feel free to contact me off list or by telephone if you wish.

Thanks for your time.

Robert Summers
Coordinator of Language Technologies and Infrastructure
University at Albany
HU 238
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222