UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2007, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Suomala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Suomala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:30:00 -0400
Went birding at the Exeter Waste Water Treatment Facility from about 1:00 pm
to 3:00 pm today. As I rounded one of the settling ponds I saw a Western
Kingbird hawking insects over the water. There was a slight drizzle. I made
a quick call to alert other birders before moving forward to try for a
picture. In addition to the Western Kingbird, there were 2 Eastern
Kingbirds. As I got closer to the birds, I came face-to-face with Patience
Chamberlin. It turned out the we had both independently spotted the bird at
the same time! The Kingbirds then all flew off, so I followed them, hoping
for a picture. I was able to take a few before the Kingbirds all flew again,
only this time out of sight, and I was unable to relocate them.

To see a picture of the WESTERN KINGBIRD, click on the link below and scroll
to the bottom of the page:

http://www.marksbirdtours.com/New_Hampshire_Birds.htm

Highlights from Exeter:

Pied-billed Grebe 1