LLTI Archives

August 2007, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:24:09 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Lee Ramsdell" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8607.1 (!) hand-held scanners
>Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:42:09 -0600
>From: "Lee Ramsdell" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Hi

We have had good results from a product called Docupen.  Their web site
is http://www.planon.com/ .  You can get a number of software  programs
by Abby Fine Reader that include OCR.  It is hand held and it does
require a little practice in using it, however it yields good results.
We have only used it on PC hardware but according to the web site you
can use it on a Mac.  Currently DocuPen is supported by MAC OSX 10.3.9
and up and has not been certified to work on Mac Intel based machines.
Regards
Lee Ramsdell, Technical Supervisor
Arts Resource Centre
Room 130 - A1, Arts Building