LLTI Archives

August 2007, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:40:50 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Johnathon Beals <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:34:24 -0400
>From: Johnathon Beals <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Sanako Lab 300 in Parallels Desktop
>To: [log in to unmask]

Has anyone successfully run Sanako Lab 300 under Parallels Desktop on a Mac?
I have a working VM from a previous Teacher Console PC, but the Lab 300
software complains that it needs a hardware key. The key is a HASP4 dongle
attached to the PC via a parallel port. No one I can find makes a
mac-compatible parallel/usb adapter that has the right connection (just the
printer port style connector). Do the newer versions of the lab software use
this key, and if so is it still a parallel port style key or is it USB?
Thanks for any help.

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.