LLTI Archives

August 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:23:45 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (15.0)"

>Date:         Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:06:09 -0400
>From: "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (15.0)"
>Subject: LLTI: approval required (061BEFBA)
>To: [log in to unmask]

This message was  originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to  the LLTI list
at LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. You  can approve it using the  "OK" mechanism (click
on the  link below),  ignore it,  or repost  an edited  copy. The  message will
expire  automatically; you  do not  need to  do anything  if you  just want  to
discard it. Please refer to the list owner's guide if you are not familiar with
the "OK"  mechanism; these instructions  are being kept purposefully  short for
your convenience in processing large numbers of messages.

To APPROVE the message:
http://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?OK=061BEFBA&L=LLTI
Dear Friends,
I am the new language lab coordinator at the University at Albany.
As with all instutions we have a space problem.  With classrooms at a
premium, I have been assigned a small and oddly spaced room (less
than 500 square feet in an L shape).  Additionally, we have classes
that sometimes have 30 students or more.  My understanding is that
for safety reasons, this room cannot accommodate more than 15 people.

My solution to this is a mobile lab--a laptop cart that can go to the
instructors' classrooms.  So I would appreciate your thoughts on my
dilemma (alternate solutions, caveats in wireless labs, etc).

I am particularly interested in the input of those that have
experience with a wireless language lab.

Thanks,

Robert Summers
Coordinator of Language Technologies and Infrastructure
University at Albany
HU 238
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222