LLTI Archives

August 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:28:38 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Charles Riley <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:08:34 -0400
>To:  Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
<[log in to unmask]>,        [log in to unmask]
>From: Charles Riley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8604.1 (!) Old Russian characters

Times New Roman does not include a character for yat.  Here is a list
of fonts that do:
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0463/fontsupport.htm

At 01:13 PM 7/31/2007, LLTI-Editor wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:53:08 -0500 (CDT)
> >From: "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
> >Subject: Re: #8604 Old Russian characters
>
>Has she tried finding the font in the Character Palette?  You can
>create it as a
>favorite there to make it easy for her to enter it.  But if it is
>something she
>needs very regularly, you may need/want to edit the keyboard layout
>a bit to add
>it in.
>
>For help using the Character Palette, I have a simple page on my website
>http://apps.carleton.edu/its/flt/osmain/macintosh/character_palette/
>
>For tools on editing OS X keyboards, I recommend checking out the
>SIL website at
>www.sil.org.  I've heard that they have several tools, Eukelele being one of
>them.  I've not been able to use them yet (no time), but they are not too
>difficult to use.
>

>Foreign Language Technology
>http://go.carleton.edu/f
>
>Carly J. Born
>Academic Computing Coordinator for Foreign Languages & Literature
>Carleton College | 507-646-7010 | [log in to unmask]

Charles L. Riley,
Cataloging Assistant
Sterling Memorial Library
Yale University