LLTI Archives

August 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 13:26:37 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Elizabeth Drumm <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:32:50 -0700
>From: Elizabeth Drumm <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Foreign language instructional technologist position

The Reed College Division of Literature and Languages seeks a half-time
foreign language instructional technologist to begin in Fall 2007.  This
position is a three-year position with the possibility of renewal.
Benefits included.  Responsibilities will include:

1. Locating, evaluating, and installing web-based and stand-alone
foreign language learning resources, including correction programs,
phonetics applications, drill systems, exercise authoring software,
word-processing software, foreign language dictionaries and specialized
reference works,

2. Advising faculty and students regarding web-based cultural materials
for use in teaching foreign languages, and overseeing the
distribution/posting of such materials on the local network and on the
hardware in the Instructional Media Center that is specifically
dedicated to language acquisition.

3. Maintaining the software and hardware in the Instructional Media
Center and assisting students in its use.

4. Overseeing and assisting students with web-based projects and class
assignments.

5.  Supervising student workers in the Instructional Media Center.

An M.A. is preferred (in instructional technology OR in foreign language
acquisition OR a related field) but a B.A. with substantial experience
in pertinent fields will be considered.    Demonstrated proficiency with
Macintosh and Windows operating systems, networking, and software
required.  Experience as an instructional technologist and/or language
instructor preferred.

Applicants should have a working knowledge of one or more of the
languages taught at Reed: Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish.  In
addition, they should have demonstrated interest or experience in
foreign language acquisition, especially with respect to computer- or
web-based resources.

Applications must include a letter of application, a current resume, and
at least 2 letters of recommendation.  We will begin reviewing
applications September 1, 2007 and continue until the position is
filled.  Send materials to  Professor William Ray, Chair, Foreign
Language Instructional Technologist Search Committee, Reed College, 3203
SE Woodstock Blvd., Portland, OR  97202.  Electronic submissions:
[log in to unmask]  An Equal Opportunity Employer, Reed values diversity
and encourages applications from underrepresented groups

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.