MACSCRPT Archives

August 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Simon Dorfman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 14:28:48 -0500
Hello, I’m trying to understand how to use the password syntax with Airfoil.
Here’s a quote from Airfoil’s applescript dictionary:

connect to v : Connect to the Airport Express speakers
connect to list : The speakers to connect to
[password Unicode text] : use this password to avoid the speaker password
dialog from being presented.

And here’s my script:

tell application "Airfoil"

    --Find QuickTime Player
    set pathToApp to (POSIX path of (path to application "QuickTime
Player"))

    --Create a new source and set it to QT
    set newSource to make new application source
    set application file of newSource to pathToApp

    --Set the source
    set (current audio source) to newSource

    --Set the speaker volumes
    set (volume of every speaker) to 0.5

    --And finally start transmitting
    connect to every speaker --with password "secretpassword"

end tell

I don’t know what syntax to use for the password entry.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Simon