MACSCRPT Archives

August 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Levon Spradlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:57:47 -0500
Thanks Shane, it works now. Makes a bit more sense as well.

Levon Spradlin
Desktop Publishing Technology Manager, Assessment & Information
Pearson
512-989-5300 x 3989

From: Shane Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 21:12:27 +1000
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Conversation: Illustrator CS2 Info Print script errors
Subject: Re: Illustrator CS2 Info Print script errors

On 17/8/07 8:54 AM, "Levon Spradlin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>     set FileSample to choose file with prompt "Select multiple files with
> the Command (Apple) key." with multiple selections allowed without
> invisibles

This returns an alias.

>     set folderName to name of (info for FileSample) --only necessary if
> needed for myList
>
>     tell application "Finder" to set theFiles to files of folder FileSample
[...]

So here you're saying "folder alias ...". Try cutting out the word
"folder"in this case.

--
Shane Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
<http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>

This email may contain material confidential to
Pearson.  If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.