LLTI Archives

July 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:50:12 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Detiveaux, Georges J"

>Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:56:46 -0500
>From: "Detiveaux, Georges J" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: replacement for academic.com?

Howdy, all,

While this posting isn't CALL-specific, I know that many of you are
administrators or technology support staff for facilities that serve
more than just language students and faculty, so I figured it was worth
a shot...

Our institution is abandoning academic.com as a result of the product's
incompatibility with IE7. Our tutoring program has used academic.com to
support a variety of subjects with the help of the product's myriad
content modules, this, to great success, and we hate to see it go the
way of the dodo.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement product (something
tutoring could use with lots of online content modules in the same kinds
of subjects supported by academic.com)?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

georges detiveaux
language labs, www.cy-faircollege.com/languagelabs
french, http://faculty.nhmccd.edu/gdetiveaux
cy-fair college, 9191 barker cypress road, lrnc-212a, cypress, tx 77433
ph 281.290.5975 fx 281.290.5282

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.