LLTI Archives

July 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:27:06 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Johnathon Beals <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:23:31 -0400
>From: Johnathon Beals <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8600.1 (!) DVD, ripping of subtitles
>To: [log in to unmask]

Another option, if you don't have the hardware around for analog dubbing,
would be to download the free-open source program Handbrake, which I believe
is now available for Windows and Mac.

Handbrake allows you to choose audio, language, and subtitle tracks, and
then rip chapters from DVDs. It works fairly fast on newer multi-core
machines, but is pretty doggy on older ones.

You could also try FFMpegX, which is much more complex, but allows you to
choose many more options for output.

--John B

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.