LLTI Archives

July 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:50:16 -0400
Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone has found software, which allows you to rip a
scene from a DVD with subtitles?  Have been using Mactheripper and
DVDxDV, but not having any luck getting subtitles unless they were
burned into the video.  We've managed to get a VOB file from
Mactheripper which has audio and subtitles ... the VLC player
recognizes this, but Quicktime doesn't.  We're testing a freeware app
(mpeg2decX which is still in alpha testing) that will convert the VOB
file to a Quicktime movie containing the subtitles, but not the
audio.  We could copy that in, but hoping someone has a simpler
solution.

Thanks,

- mike

Michael Jones