LLTI Archives

July 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:11:23 -0400
From: "SANAKO Corporation" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: July 10, 2007 8:12:19 AM EDT
To: "Otmar Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: New SANAKO Software Module Simplifies Network Management in
Schools

PRESS RELEASE TURKU, FINLAND
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 10, 2007

New SANAKO Software Module Simplifies Network Management in Schools

Editorial contact: Kimmo Karpijoki, Senior Manager Global Business
Services, phone +358-2-2166500 or [log in to unmask]

SANAKO introduces yet another module designed to enhance its premier
range of educational software, SANAKO Study solutions.

SANAKO Study Admin Module enhances management across the network.

The Admin Module is a useful application that helps IT managers
support teachers by monitoring and managing student activity in Study
sessions throughout the network.

The Module provides IT managers with a range of resources to monitor
teaching and learning activity in the network, and provides basic
tools for diagnosis of common usage problems in the system.

Security for Teachers and IT Managers

The module allows network supervisors to monitor student activity by
viewing thumbnail images, monitoring screens, remote control of
student work stations, and shut down workstations.

Teachers working in Study environments will also appreciate the
security of knowing that their teaching activity is backed-up by IT
managers with the ability to monitor student activity in all active
sessions. Additionally, voice communication between the IT manager
and the teacher gives teachers the confidence of knowing that they
have ready access to teaching support.

As with other SANAKO Study Modules, the Admin Module ultimately makes
teaching and management of the Study multimedia learning environment
more efficient.

More information at www.sanako.com

SANAKO Corporation

SANAKO, formerly Tandberg Educational, is a learning technology
company developing language teaching solutions, teaching and
classroom management software, virtual learning and professional
development solutions, as well as supplying customer services. We are
the world leader in live language learning technology.

Today's solutions include modern software, wireless and mobile
systems that act as a catalyst for improving teaching outcomes by
motivating learning.

Our sales network reaches customers all over the world and we've
provided Tandberg Educational Quality to satisfied users in over 100
countries. We serve our customers through a network of resellers in
70 countries. Based in Finland, the company has sales offices in
China, France, UAE, UK and US. SANAKO is a Microsoft(R) Certified
Partner and Blackboard Building Blocks community member.

Blackboard, the Bb logo, Building Blocks, the Building Blocks logo,
Blackboard Developers Network, and the Blackboard Learning System are
trademarks/registered trademarks of Blackboard Inc. in the United
States and/or other countries. Usage by permission.

Microsoft is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft
Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

This information was brought to you by Cision http://newsroom.cision.com

The following files are available for download:

PDF

Otmar Foelsche
Director, Humanities Resources
6192 Bartlett Hall