LLTI Archives

July 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:09:26 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Doug Worsham" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:46:32 -0500
>From: "Doug Worsham" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: Re: #8578.3 (!) best wikis for teaching?

Hi Scott,

I'd echo the support for MediaWiki. We've been happy with it so far at
L&S LSS, (but our design requirements have been rather low up to this
point). If you're looking for a solution that doesn't involve a local
server, I've been happy with wikispaces.com and have heard good things
about pbwiki.com

This may be way too much information, but here are a few resources for
comparing wikis:

- http://wiscwikis.wikispaces.com/technical+topics - a compilation of
technical topics on wikis, including resources on choosing a wiki
platform
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software -
wikipedia's big comparative list of wiki software
- http://www.wikimatrix.org/ - site devoted to comparing wiki software

Doug