MACSCRPT Archives

July 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:08:22 -0400

>>Every example I see goes like this:
>>
>>set filepath to "disk:folder:filename"
>>tell application "URL Access Scripting"
>>	activate
>>	download "http://blahdiblah.html" to filepath
>>end tell
>>
>>I think I've even done it that way, although I can't find an
>>example in my library.
>>
>>But it gives me "URL Access Scripting got an error: Some data was
>>the wrong type."

Solved it, and it's really stupid.

Most anywhere else in Applescript, if you put in "replacing yes" the
compiler will change it to "with replacing." So I was using "with
replacing," and that gave no error on compiling.  Turns out URL
Access Scripting wants "replacing yes."  Guess that's what happens
when Apple develops different things on different days.
--

Bill Steele

The ultimate confrontation:
"You will be assimilated."