MACSCRPT Archives

July 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bruce Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:35:35 -0700
> Greetings All,
>
> I'm working with an extensive PDF document using Acrobat. This
> document is a series of records printed from some database into PDF.
>
> The challenge is that there are a series of fields that have check
> boxes associated with them. Unfortunately, I cannot 'capture' the
> value of being checked using Acrobat or the Clipboard [via AppleScript].
>
> Has anyone encountered such a situation? And/or found a work-around
> that will allow me to automate determining which of such boxes have
> been checked?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chuck Pelto

If the database you're talking about is FileMaker, remember that a checkbox
field is just a text field with some special disply characteristics. What
actually exists in the field is return delmited data.

So if your value list is Red, Green, Blue then a field could contain

Red

 or

Red
Green

 or

Green
Red

Etc

Also - a notorious problem - given the same value list, your field could
display as having Red and Green selected but if you changed value list
definitions over the years the actual contents could be

Red
Green
Green
Seattle