MACSCRPT Archives

July 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
chris denesha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:17:25 -0400
At 03:04 PM 7/28/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Date:    Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:09:06 -0600
>From:    Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: <No subject given>
>
>Greetings All,
>
>I'm working with an extensive PDF document using Acrobat. This
>document is a series of records printed from some database into PDF.
>
>The challenge is that there are a series of fields that have check
>boxes associated with them. Unfortunately, I cannot 'capture' the
>value of being checked using Acrobat or the Clipboard [via AppleScript].
>
>Has anyone encountered such a situation? And/or found a work-around
>that will allow me to automate determining which of such boxes have
>been checked?
>
>Regards,
>
>Chuck Pelto

Hi Chuck,

Two Qs:

What version of Acrobat are you using?

Have you looked at the SDK for that version of Acrobat on Adobe's site?  There should be an InterApplication Communication Reference that itemizes the supported Applescript, and also one for Javascript.  I haven't scripted Acrobat in OSX yet, but for some things I had to do call custom javascript from applescript with Acrobat 5..

chris