MACSCRPT Archives

July 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Walter Ian Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:48:28 -0700
At 01:37 p +0200 07/15/2007, J.L. Slangen didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:

>I do not understand why Microsoft Word dies after running the
>following script.

I do not understand why Microsoft Word lives. :-D

>tell application "Microsoft Word"
>	set memoDoc to make document
>	insert text "Begin" at end of text object of active document
>	set docName to "myTestDoc"
>	save as memoDoc file name docName file format format text
>end tell
>
>The document is made and saved as myTestDoc, but 1 sec thereafter  Word quits.
>
>Anyone a similar experience?
>What could be the cause?

Could be lots of things. Rebooted anytime lately? Try new prefs file?

If you're only creating a text file, do you even need MS Word
bloatware, or was this just to get started scripting the app for
something bigger? Of course if it's failing on something so simple,
that might be a sign... ;)

-boo