LLTI Archives

June 2007, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:37:49 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:47:23 -0500
>From: Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8578 best wikis for teaching?
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hi Scott,

There are lots of options out there for you. We have had great
success with MediaWiki in all languages except right to left ones
such as Arabic. We're still working on that. MediaWiki is a free wiki
you can download and run off of your local server giving you the
flexibility to password protect to the extent you would like to do
so, or not, and to add in the formatting tools you want or delete
those you do not want from their default set. It is the same
application used for wikipedia so there is a large community of
support out there as well and a great deal of documentation if you
need it.

mediawiki.org

Lauren
Lauren Rosen