LLTI Archives

June 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:37:06 -0400
You could use the MS Keyboard Layout Creator to edit the built-in
Greek Polytonic to add the few characters you need.  It's not as full
featured as Keyman, but it integrates with Windows and is therefore
easier to use.  I've used it to produce a Russian homophonic keyboard
with stress, an extended US International that allows for macrons and
dots below, and a Hebrew keyboard that makes it easier to input
vowels with a certain amount of success.

You can get a version of it from here, but I'm unsure if it's the
most recent version.

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FB7B3DCD-
D4C1-4943-9C74-D8DF57EF19D7&displaylang=en>

I hope this helps.

Foreign Language Technology
http://go.carleton.edu/f

Carly J. Born
Academic Computing Coordinator for Foreign Languages & Literature
Carleton College | 507-646-7010 | [log in to unmask]

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.