LLTI Archives

June 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:56:16 -0400
Our intensive English program is in the process of expanding its e-learning
capacity and I've been asked by the director to recommend an authoring tool
that our instructors can use to create material for online learning.

I'm considering Rapid Intake's Flashform and Macromedia Captivate simply
because I was already familiar with them. I'd like to know:

1) people's thoughts on the pros and cons of these products, and
2) whether there are any others we should be considering.

Our basic criteria are:

   - an intuitive interface
   - relatively easy and quick to learn
   - doesn't require knowledge of HTML, Flash or other teacher-unfriendly
   technologies
   - allows incorporation of multimedia
   - allows integration into LMSs (i.e. Moodle)/is SCORM and AICC
   comformant
   - won't break the bank

Many thanks in advance.

--